----- Original Message -----
From: "Vernon Viehe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 8:25 PM
Subject: RE: Dreamweaver MX's analog for 'F9' in CFStudio


> f-4
>
> The menu item is: Window > Hide Panels

Note what I wrote below:
"Note that in CF when you hit that F9 you still have access to your "insert"
menu at the top, and when you
hide the panels in Dreamweaver by clicking with the mouse it works the same
way, you hide that left panel, while still retaining you "insert" menu. When
you simply hit F4 to hide panels, which I'm aware of, you hide ALL the
panels, which is different than just closing that left side shut."

I understand that there's a "F-4" command in Dreamweaver, but what I'm
looking for is a command that works like F9 in Studio. F9 in Studio would
collapse that left side giving you all the real estate back, but LEAVING
your top and bottom toolbars for you to work with. It's the EXACT same as
simply clicking on that narrow arrow line in Dreamweaver. Notice if you
CLICK on it with the mouse, it collapses that left side and LEAVES the
"Insert" toolbar on the top and the "Properties" toolbar along the bottom.

Does this particular move (the actual clicking of the vertical bar in
Dreamweaver) have a *NAME*? I went to look into customizing my Dreamweaver
shortcuts, but I couldn't find that move in the list of things you can
assign a Shortcut for...

Is that more clear? I wonder if I'm just not over-looking something OBVIOUS
that I'll kick myself over. I REALLY got used to that particular shortcut in
Studio and I'm lost without it. Dreameaver just frickin' CHEWS up screen
real estate and it's a total pain to interrupt workflow to CLICK on that
vertical line every time I want to hide that left most panel of
tools...arrrgh...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=4
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists&body=lists/cf_talk
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
Your ad could be here. Monies from ads go to support these lists and provide more 
resources for the community. http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm

Reply via email to