No...that's what happened to me as well.

It isn't any corruption,  it seems to either be a bug or a rather stupid
limitation.
With me the record cap was about 10,000 or so before it would no longer
index the database, same code..no changes except the returned recordset
size from the CFQUERY.

I wasn't able to get any fix for this, and I ended up doing SQL searches
on multiple fields. Messy,messy stuff. 

In my case there was plenty of room on the hard disk, about 60Gigs,
umm..512MB of RAM...P4 2.x Ghz machine.

I didn't get any error messages....it just would not index. I used
CFDUMP to output a CFSEARCH resulset run right after the index to test
what it contained...and it was empty.

-Gel


-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Leder [mailto:mel@;markleder.com] 

There is another Access db with only about 75 records and four fields in
each record.  Using the same CFIndex tag (different collection), it
continues to work properly.  Two days ago, I tried the db in question
using using record sizes of 25, 100, 500, 1000, 2500 and 5000. All were
indexed by the tag properly until I indexed the 5000 record size.  

I thought at that point it was record corruption, but I've had the
access db "recovered" and rebuilt by two different companies (two
different copies), with no change in the outcome.

Thanks,
Mark

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=4
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists&body=lists/cf_talk
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
This list and all House of Fusion resources hosted by CFHosting.com. The place for 
dependable ColdFusion Hosting.

Reply via email to