This is really interesting.  I've got about 16,500 records, and about a
11 mb file now.  What's REALLY puzzling is that it may not matter that
I'm indexing from SQL2000 db or from MS Access - it didn't work either
way.

Yep, my index is empty - it doesn't seem to get out of the CFIndex
routine.

Thanks,
Mark


-----Original Message-----
From: Angel Stewart [mailto:gel@;silkcotton.com] 
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 6:07 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CFIndex for Verity quit working - Needs Attention by
Macromedia!


No...that's what happened to me as well.

It isn't any corruption,  it seems to either be a bug or a rather stupid
limitation. With me the record cap was about 10,000 or so before it
would no longer index the database, same code..no changes except the
returned recordset size from the CFQUERY.

I wasn't able to get any fix for this, and I ended up doing SQL searches
on multiple fields. Messy,messy stuff. 

In my case there was plenty of room on the hard disk, about 60Gigs,
umm..512MB of RAM...P4 2.x Ghz machine.

I didn't get any error messages....it just would not index. I used
CFDUMP to output a CFSEARCH resulset run right after the index to test
what it contained...and it was empty.

-Gel


-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Leder [mailto:mel@;markleder.com] 

There is another Access db with only about 75 records and four fields in
each record.  Using the same CFIndex tag (different collection), it
continues to work properly.  Two days ago, I tried the db in question
using using record sizes of 25, 100, 500, 1000, 2500 and 5000. All were
indexed by the tag properly until I indexed the 5000 record size.  

I thought at that point it was record corruption, but I've had the
access db "recovered" and rebuilt by two different companies (two
different copies), with no change in the outcome.

Thanks,
Mark


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=4
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists&body=lists/cf_talk
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
Your ad could be here. Monies from ads go to support these lists and provide more 
resources for the community. http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm

Reply via email to