Yep, you are correct -- I looked it up in my old ASP 2.0 book.  I have no
idea if this is the case with .NET or not.  The one thing I noticed with ASP
is that you definitely don't have to lock reads, just writes.  Which makes
it better than nothing.  When I last played around with PHP, I think session
variables were written to disk in a flat file; as far as I know, they didn't
need to be locked.

The original point of my post was that the article says two things at once.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mike Townend [mailto:mike@;cfnews.co.uk]
> Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 11:51 AM
> To: CF-Talk
> Subject: RE: Understanding Locking In CFMX
>
>
> ASP has a lock method which I assume should be used the same as CF's
> locks...
>
> Application.Lock()


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=4
Subscription: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?method=subscribe&forumid=4
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
Your ad could be here. Monies from ads go to support these lists and provide more 
resources for the community. http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm

Reply via email to