OK, glad I asked. Wanted to ask someone with experience before I dove in and did it.
--Matt Robertson-- MSB Designs, Inc. http://mysecretbase.com -----Original Message----- From: Mosh Teitelbaum [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2002 10:30 PM To: CF-Talk Subject: RE: Can I Put LIKE '%#form.SearchText#%' into a cfqueryparam? No, since the percent signs would be left out of the quoted string value. The syntax should be something like: WHERE table.fieldname LIKE <CFQUERYPARAM CFSQLTYPE="CF_SQL_VARCHAR" VALUE="%#CLIENT.SectionFilter#%"> -- Mosh Teitelbaum evoch, LLC Tel: (301) 625-9191 Fax: (301) 933-3651 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] WWW: http://www.evoch.com/ > -----Original Message----- > From: Matt Robertson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] > Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2002 8:03 PM > To: CF-Talk > Subject: Re: Can I Put LIKE '%#form.SearchText#%' into a cfqueryparam? > > > So would the syntax be... > > table.fieldname LIKE %<cfqueryparam > cfsqltype="CF_SQL_VARCHAR" > value=#client.SectionFilter#>% > > ? > > Cheers, > > --------------------------------------- > Matt Robertson, MSB Designs, Inc. > http://mysecretbase.com - Retail > http://foohbar.org - ColdFusion Tools > --------------------------------------- > > > ---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- > from: "Scott Brady" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 17:29:42 -0700 > > >>Is there a way to put something like the following SQL WHERE > smt into a cfqueryparam and have it still behave as expected? > >> > >>table.fieldname LIKE '%#form.SearchText#%' > > > >I believe I've done that many times, so I'd say yes. > > > >Scott > >-------------------------------- > >Scott Brady > >http://www.scottbrady.net/ > > > > > > > > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=4 Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?method=subscribe&forumid=4 FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq Signup for the Fusion Authority news alert and keep up with the latest news in ColdFusion and related topics. http://www.fusionauthority.com/signup.cfm

