From: Matt Liotta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 5:14 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Re: MM Pricing Problem on CFMX for J2EE

Yes, but who cares about .NET? Certainly many people do and those people
might also care about price, but J2EE is the de facto standard at this
point and CFMX's price fits well within that market, which is the
market(TM) to be in.

Matt Liotta
President & CEO
Montara Software, Inc.
http://www.montarasoftware.com/
888-408-0900 x901

http://www.macromedia.com/software/coldfusion/j2ee/productinfo/faq/#700

> Finally, the ColdFusion MX for J2EE License Transfer Page:
>
> http://www.macromedia.com/software/coldfusion/j2ee/special/
> license_transfer/
>
> Information on how to contact your local reseller is available at the
> URL above.
>
> Christian
>
> On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 11:51 AM, Chris White wrote:
>
> > Interesting - I have been running a few ColdFusion Ent. servers
since

> > 4.5 and we had purchased a 2 year support agreement.  The support
runs

> > out this year.
> >
> > I would like to move to a J2EE version but based on what you were
told

> > makes a person wonder what to do.  I have paid enough for the Ent.
> > versions.
> >
> > I don't see any value in the Ent. version any more.  It does not
share

> > sessions across multiple servers like the versions before
> > ColdFusionMX.  I would like to move to Java Sessions but I need a
Java

> > Application server like JRUN or Websphere to manage the sessions.
> > Wish that if I go to J2EE and started with JRUN that if down the
road

> > I moved to Websphere I could do that without another cost.  What is
>
> > person to do?
> >
> > Chris

Si