> > I just did a quick test and notice the anchor parameter
> > isn't available to CF at all, which suggests to me that
> > it is clientside.
>
> It may not be available from CF, but it's certainly available
> in the call to the webserver, before the request is passed to
> CF. Perhaps someone at Allaire decided that not everything was
> that useful.

No, I don't think this is correct. According to my trusty sniffer, when I
enter the following URL in IE 6:

http://www.foobar.com/test.html#urlfrag

the browser sends this request:

GET /test.html HTTP/1.1
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg,
application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword,
application/x-shockwave-flash, */*
1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Host: www.foobar.com
Connection: Keep-Alive

Mozilla 1.3.1 does the same thing.

> Trust but verify: "Yeah, I backed up the hard drive."

You need to take this to heart. Especially the "verify" part.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444