Nope, that behavior's built into the browser (or OS - that same behavior
shows up when I mouseover a button on my taskbar in XP Pro).  Have you
tried using a small bit of DHTML/_javascript_ for those links?  Something
that pops into view relative to the cursor based on the element that
you're currently mousing over.

- Jim