Even if you don't have specific versions for your web apps, version controls
is invaluable for it's concurrency (multiple users editing files) and
history features.  We use CVS for all our apps, including CF apps, and love
it.

Version control is also linked with quality control in a way.  You can push
out a new bug to users just as easily (or more easily) than you push out a
new feature.

My $0.02.

Sam

Blog: http://www.rewindlife.com