Andre said:
> ... Our app does a lot of
> sitting around waiting for long db requests so I always
> theorized that processes in this state werent using many
> recources.

So what are you both using for your timeout setting to allow for the long db
requests?

We increased our timeout to 210 seconds(!) to accommodate a set of reports
that each use 5 queries against Oracle. According to the CF debugger output
the 5 queries usually take about 180 seconds total and CF processing takes
only about 65ms.

We have simultaneous requests set to 20.

We are using CF5 Enterprise on Windows 2000 Advanced Server, a quad
processor (700MHz each) server, 4GB RAM.

We almost never go over 20% CPU usage or .5GB of RAM usage . . . But I think
we have I/O issues as our WWW Publishing service keeps stopping on Monday
mornings (our busiest day) after we spike from our normal 40 concurrent
users to 140 - 270 concurrent users . . . I'm pretty sure the true number of
concurrent users isn't anywhere near 270 and that this is a symptom of an
underlying problem . . . the server gets between 3500 - 7700 requests an
hour on Monday mornings . . .

George
[EMAIL PROTECTED]