From: Dave Phillips [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 11:05 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Question about Licensing my CF Web Application

Hi all,

I have developed a web application and have found a company that is
wanting an exclusive license to manage, market, and sell subscriptions
to my web application for me.  I'm comfortable with the arrangement, but
I'm unsure as to what to charge as a license fee.

I have gotten them to agree to allow me to earn a royalty based on a
percentage of the revenue they charge for each subscription.  The number
that has been thrown out is 30%.  So for example, if they sell a
subscription for $10 per month, I get $3 per month and they get the
rest.

I do not have to put up any money.  I will be continuing to develop and
enhance the application as well as supporting it technically.  However,
I will not be providing END USER support.  I will provide support to the
company that is marketing it.  They will deal with the end users.

I will also make myself available to customize the application for any
of their customers, however, I'm sure they will charge extra for this,
so in essence, I will get extra since I would get 30% of the revenue.

My questions are as follows:

1.  Is 30% a fair amount?  What's the standard?

2.  Does it sound like a good deal to you?   Is there anything I should
be asking for that I haven't mentioned?

3.  Any other comments/suggestions?

Thanks for your input.  I welcome it.  This is the first time I've had
the privelege to do this, so I'm very excited, but want to be sure I do
it the right way.

Sincerely,

Dave Phillips
[EMAIL PROTECTED]