> I have a CFMX 6.1 and I'm considering moving to J2EE session
> variables primarily for this reason.
>  
> Does anyone know what the risks are of making this change?   

If you're using IIS, CFMX will append the jsessionid URL identifier to all
redirects, even those to static pages, and IIS doesn't care for that. Also,
if you're using cookies for your session tokens, the jsessionid cookie will
not persist beyond the browser closing by default, unlike CFID and CFTOKEN
cookies.

> Will it impact existing CF Apps? I suspect that if I used
> to do some checking for CFID and CFTOKEN that I need to
> replace that code with J2EE session ID code, but I'm not sure.

You will no longer have CFID and CFTOKEN identifiers. Instead, you'll have a
single jsessionid identifier.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496
fax: 202-797-5444
[Todays Threads] [This Message] [Subscription] [Fast Unsubscribe] [User Settings] [Donations and Support]

Reply via email to