From: Barney Boisvert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 3:23 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: SOT: many IPS or one?

I do virtual hosting all the time and have no problems.  If you're
using SSL, you'll run into issues, because you need to have a separate
IP for each individual SSL certificate, but for non-SSL hosting, it's
great.

The argument against it is that clients which don't support HTTP1.1
will only ever get the default host on the IP address, becuase they
don't send a host header, but you'll be hard pressed to find such a
client anywhere.

cheers,
barneyb

--