From: Matt Robertson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 4:50 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: SOT: many IPS or one?

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:06:15 -0400, Ray Champagne wrote:
> Oh, I forgot one thing.  What about email forwarding, etc?  Does that
> matter?  Or is that just another server setting that simply has to be
> configured?

Has nothing to do with the web server configuration, actually.  You
have to set up the dns records so that the mail server points to IP #1
and the web server goes to IP #2.  Both IPs can be on the same box,
depending on your traffic levels.  Then IIS handles its side of the
fence via host headers and your mail server software handles things on
its own as well.

The thing about doing your own servers is up-front cost.  Something
like Imail is maybe US$1500 if you buy it, although you can rent it
monthly for a lot less.  Same with a Windows server license.  You'll
make the money back by keeping all of the hosting fees your clients
pay.  I made my startup costs back in my first year.  Its been gravy
ever since.

--
--Matt Robertson--
MSB Designs, Inc.