> Who said anything about fixing?  I'd like more functionality:
>
> I'd like to have <cftransaction> work across multiple
> databases.  And allowed nested <cftransactions>.
> I'd like some other number type beside floating point.
> I'd like a concept of null type.
> I'd like to have CFCs have interfaces, constructors,
> overloaded methods, more obvious variable scoping.
> I'd like to have at least a collection CFC type.
> I'd like to have threads.

I think that the problem with some of these is that you risk increasing CF's
complexity to the point where you might as well just use Java or ASP.NET.
CFML is typeless because HTML forms are typeless. CFML doesn't understand
null because it doesn't exist within HTML. I think that for the rest of
these things, if you're advanced enough to want to do them you can step
outside of CFML and write Java code to do these things.

To the degree that these things could be added without sacrificing the
simplicity of CFML, I'd certainly agree with you. I'm just not sure if
that's possible, in which case I think these features would be detrimental
rather than helpful.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496