Mark,

In my department here at Duke, we use Mdaemon on Windows, which is
pretty full featured, including integrated webmail, web-based account
admin, etc...

I think IMail might be better, but it's also more expensive.

For my web hosting, I use qmail, running virtual domains through
vpopmail.  I use SquirrelMail for webmail, and qmailadmin to allow for
web-based domain and account management.  I use qmail's pop3 server, and
Courier-IMAP for imap.  SpanAssassin and Clam-Antivirus are also
integrated through a package called qmail scanner.

Maintaining and upgrading the qmail packages is a huge pain in the a$$.
  But it is free :)

  - Rick