> A coworker told me beyond a shadow of a doubt that I could not export
> plain
> text html from a database to a file that contribute 3 could understand.

I wouldn't see why that would be a problem. It seems like an odd way to go
about doing it, but, if the document is properly formed HTML, Contribute
should be able to edit it.

I know of a site that does the opposite. Because of various sundry
Contribute bugs and issues, the developers decided to build vanilla pages
that the end users could edit without disturbing the live site. They use
ColdFusion to parse the Contribute generated pages, extracting the content
from the editable regions and inserting it into the database.

Ben Rogers
http://www.c4.net
v.508.240.0051
f.508.240.0057