Hmmm...IIS may be crappy in other respects (though I personally don't think
it is), but not regarding performance. It's fairly easy to demonstrate that
IIS is as much as an order of magnitude (10 times) faster than Apache, for
example, on equivalent hardware. Knowing this, the Apache developers have
always dodged the performance question, saying their primary goal is
"correctness, not performance."

Vince