Too true... this is what I've been ranting about.  ;^)

> Since there is no standard client/server XML protocol, our product
> (WebORB)implements something we came up - WOLF (Web Object Literal
> Format). The protocol is flexible and supports all possible data types:
> primitives, dates, strings, complex objects, arrays, pointers, etc. The

Have you published the dialect or an XSD for it?  Are you planning on it?

It looks interesting but, to be blunt, it looks a whole heck of a lot like
WDDX (although actually much more verbose - even the simple example on the
page you reference returns a 12kb packet).

It's definitely simpler than SOAP (which can only be good).

But if it stays a proprietary solution I'm not sure how it will help the
situation overall.  Don't get me wrong - it's all very cool stuff and, I'm
sure, insanely useful, but it doesn't seem as if you're addressing the
problem you starting talking about (lack of a broad standard).

Jim Davis