> Why the heck should I care of ActiveX is enabled?  IE needs ActiveX
for JavaScript to work?

No, but because the current version of IE doesn't support XMLHttpRequest
you have to use something like the following:

  xmlhttp = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");

So, without ActiveX you don't have AJAX support on IE.  Microsoft has
stated that IE7 will remove this dependancy, but you're stuck with
ActiveX until then.

Tim.

Badpen Tech - CF and web-tech: http://tech.badpen.com/
    RAWNET LTD - independent digital media agency
    "We are big, we are funny and we are clever!"
     New site launched at http://www.rawnet.com/
This message may contain information which is legally
privileged and/or confidential.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
unauthorised disclosure, copying, distribution or use
of this information is strictly prohibited. Such
notification notwithstanding, any comments, opinions,
information or conclusions expressed in this message
are those of the originator, not of rawnet limited,
unless otherwise explicitly and independently indicated
by an authorised representative of rawnet limited.