> I query a database and receive multiple rows of data. Now I 
> need to do some conditional math on one of the columns. I 
> would do this in the initial query but I can't.
> 
> I tried to see if I could do an update on the column with a 
> cfquery on the record set. Sadly, update doesn't work in 
> Query of queries. Grrr
> 
> So, how does some one go about doing this?

You cannot use UPDATE with query of queries, because there are no actual
tables to be updated. You can, however, SELECT against an existing query,
and do your math in that SELECT.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Software provides the highest caliber vendor-authorized
instruction at our training centers in Washington DC, Atlanta,
Chicago, Baltimore, Northern Virginia, or on-site at your location.
Visit http://training.figleaf.com/ for more information!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:4:236149
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/4
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:4
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to