From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 2:32 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Which version of CF should I download?

> That is true. It does have its own web server. I just feel it is
> better As a developer to use IIS. Personal choice is all.

Well, Rick's question was "do I need to install IIS", not "is IIS a
better choice than the JRun web server for development", which is why I
gave the answer I did.

But going back to that, for most developers, I think that the JRun web
server is a better choice, for two reasons. First, unless you actually
need to learn how to manage an external web server, why bother? And
second and more important, unless you can use the same web server that
you're going to manage, the value of using an external server is
diminished a lot. The version of IIS that comes with Windows XP is not
the same as IIS on Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers in Washington DC, Atlanta, Chicago,
Baltimore, Northern Virginia, or on-site at your location.