I looked at a lot of the frameworks. The problem is that there are at least 10 really good frameworks, and they are all significantly different. The one you start with may depend on what you are looking to accomplish. If you are looking for a certain visual effect, that is different than a simple Ajax call from the server. I tried to start with the Google library, but ruled that out since I didn't like the idea of having Java generate JavaScript. I am currently using jQuery. It does have some bugs, but it is pretty good and there is a lot of information about it on the Internet. moo.fx is a good one, but it is a small library that focuses on a few visual effects.
Good luck, Mike Chabot On 11/8/06, Robertson-Ravo, Neil (RX) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > Indeed, Spry or MXAJAX would be my food for thought. > > > > > > > "This e-mail is from Reed Exhibitions (Gateway House, 28 The Quadrant, > Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1DN, United Kingdom), a division of Reed Business, > Registered in England, Number 678540. It contains information which is > confidential and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of > the > intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please > note > that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the > information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have > received this communication in error please return it to the sender or > call > our switchboard on +44 (0) 20 89107910. The opinions expressed within > this > communication are not necessarily those expressed by Reed Exhibitions." > Visit our website at http://www.reedexpo.com > > -----Original Message----- > From: Raymond Camden > To: CF-Talk > Sent: Wed Nov 08 15:04:59 2006 > Subject: Re: Plenty of Coldfusion/Ajax frameworks. Which one for a > starter? > > While not CF specific, I'd really recommend Spry: > > http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/spry/ > > I found it to be a _very_ easy to use AJAX framework. It is not yet > 1.0 though (well, the release is 1.3, but technically it isn't > officially done), but I've found it stable enough to use with BlogCFC. > > > On 11/8/06, Ali Majdzadeh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > Hi: I want to start AJAX. I found plenty of CF/AJAX frameworks out there > and some looked really great but I really need a basic documentation plus > ease of use cause I want to START it. Which one is the easiest and/or best > with good a documentation. > > thanks > > benign > > > > > > > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| Introducing the Fusion Authority Quarterly Update. 80 pages of hard-hitting, up-to-date ColdFusion information by your peers, delivered to your door four times a year. http://www.fusionauthority.com/quarterly Archive: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Talk/message.cfm/messageid:259682 Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Talk/subscribe.cfm Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4

