Hi Ray, Andy M....

I just started toying around with jquery, and been pretty impressed,
especially with the available plugins.  Do you know any basic tutorials to
get me up and running quicky on jquery+CF integration/implementation.  I
tried to google it but didn't come up with anything.

Thanks,


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Rey Bango [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 1:04 PM
> To: CF-Talk
> Subject: Re: Plenty of Coldfusion/Ajax frameworks. Which one for a starter
> ?
> 
> benign,
> 
> Let me preface this by saying that Ajax features are not fancy, whiz
> bang effects. Those effects are typically additional DOM/CSS/DHTML
> components created to compliment Ajax functionality.
> 
> If all you want is straight Ajax with some level of CF integration, then
> look at AjaxCFC (www.robgonda.com) or JSMX (www.lalabird.com). These are
> lightweight options that offer very good Ajax features and nice CF
> coupling.
> 
> If you want Ajax integrated with the effects and some level of CF
> integration, then look at MXAjax.
> 
> I started off with AjaxCFC and then decided to use one of the more
> popular & maintstream libraries on the market. These include:
> 
> jQuery (http://www.jquery.com)
> Prototype/Scriptaculous (http://script.aculo.us/)
> Yahoo User Interface (http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/)
> Dojo (http://dojotoolkit.com/)
> 
> I personally chose jQuery because of its power, documentation, learning
> curve and simple syntax. While all of the tools I listed are very
> powerful, only YUI, IMO, came close in terms of completeness in regards
> to the criteria I just mentioned (power, documentation, learning curve
> and simple syntax). The community is awesome as well.
> 
> There are several CF'ers here that have adopted jQuery so if you need
> some assistance feel free to ask.
> 
> Rey...
> 
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Introducing the Fusion Authority Quarterly Update. 80 pages of hard-hitting,
up-to-date ColdFusion information by your peers, delivered to your door four 
times a year.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/quarterly

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Talk/message.cfm/messageid:259711
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Talk/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4

Reply via email to