I do not think it comes down to making them beg, it shows them you
Are concerned about SPAM and since they are subscribing to a service
You are providing, they will not have to worry about receiving spam 
notices from that Newsletter List.

Captcha is a great concept and is in use in many high profiled sites.

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Roberson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 2:34 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Help with Form Validation Against Spam

I know that nobody wants to put their site visitors through the trouble
of entering some anti-spam verification code into the form but in this
case I really don't think that Capthca or Math is the right solution.

I would rather just use a regular expression. The reason is that email
newsletter subscriptions are delicate. People are already hesitant about
subscribing and I don't want to make them beg for it.

I didn't think about checking if the first name and last name are the
same, I may try that (and count my losses when/if anybody with the same
first and last name tries to enroll).

I may use Math or Lyla Captcha on other forms on my site though, so
thank you for the links.

-Aaron



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Introducing the Fusion Authority Quarterly Update. 80 pages of hard-hitting,
up-to-date ColdFusion information by your peers, delivered to your door four 
times a year.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/quarterly

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Talk/message.cfm/messageid:259690
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Talk/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.4

Reply via email to