Unfortunately, I can't create flash forms since I am using BlueDragon.
I would have to create the form in Flash manually, which is an idea...

-Aaron

On 11/8/06, Teddy Payne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I mean most people use the flash player not flash forms.
>
> Teddy
>
> On 11/8/06, Teddy Payne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Create a small flash form.  Most people use it and should prevent most
> > bots from triggering submitted events, since it is a compiled swf.
> >
> > Teddy
> >
> > On 11/8/06, Aaron Roberson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ben,
> > >
> > > The nice thing about your Javascript suggestion is that people will
> > > think that they are just confirming their subscription (which is true)
> > > while in reality it would be filtering spam. Another thing is that
> > > they will already be committed having submitted the form, and would
> > > likely click the confirm button.
> > >
> > > A couple of cons of using your JavaScript suggestion should be noted.
> > > The confirmation dialog is annoying, especially in IE since it makes a
> > > noise.Secondly, some people may have JavaScript disabled. Third,
> > > people may hesitate completing any other forms on the site thinking
> > > that they will also have a confirmation on submit which is annoying.
> > >
> > > The good thing is that the newsletter form is typically something a
> > > visitor would only fill out once. They would not be annoyed by
> > > confirmation dialogs again.
> > >
> > > I may choose to use JavaScript as you have suggested instead of
> > > checking if the first name and last name is the same. I'm not sure.
> > >
> > > -Aaron
> > >
> > >
>
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Introducing the Fusion Authority Quarterly Update. 80 pages of hard-hitting,
up-to-date ColdFusion information by your peers, delivered to your door four 
times a year.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/quarterly

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Talk/message.cfm/messageid:259699
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Talk/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4

Reply via email to