From: Russ [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 30. januar 2007 16:54
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: What hw to use for loadbalancing

The cheapest option would be to roll something yourself.  There are many
options available for nice loadbalancing set up using linux and setting
up 2 boxes, so that should one die, the other one would take over.

The easiest solution would probably be to install the latest version of
apache on another server (preferably linux) and use mod_proxy,
specifically, mod_proxy_balancer.  It doesn't look like it has health
checking, but it looks like it's easy enough to test out, and it might
do what you need.  If not, you can invest some time to roll out a more
complicated (although still
free) solution using something like linuxvirtualserver.

LVS Kiss looks like a simple solution to set up that supports health
checking.

Russ