Thanks for your opinions.    I think i'm on safe ground then.  I've
already got 75% of the money (half up front, and another 25% at a
milestone along the way) so if worst comes to worst, I can walk away
without losing too much.

At the moment I hold the upper hand, because I have the code and he
doesnt have anything.  But as soon as i give him the CD, he holds the
upper hand, so I need to ensure i have covered my bases while i can.

Oh and I'm not concerned about whether the product is pornography or
anything like that.  It's a software product of some kind aimed at
very large organisations.  Individual product line items have prices
in excess of $10,000.  But it's making me mad with curiosity not
knowing what it is i'm building a site for!!

I think i'm going to hold my ground and demand he pays me before he
gets the CD.  He can see a test version on my shared server, so he can
be confident that i have actually done the work, and see the
functionality.  So in theory that only things that ought to need
changing are issues that relate to the clustering or his environment
details.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month