Me too Brad.  But he was not going to be budged.

He used to code ColdFusion back in hte pre-MX days, and he is of the
opinion that client variable are unreliable.   My recollection of the
one experience i had of client vars in CF4.2 was pretty bad then too,
so I think he has some justification for that view. But client vars
are a whole new thing nowdays.

sessions cant be relied on because of the clustering.

But i'm with you.  I wonder what are the odds that i'm going to write
client vars myself, without being able to test them in the live
environment, and they're going to be better/faster/more reliable  than
the out of the box client vars?    Ha!  I reckon i'm pretty good at
this but not THAT good.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month