Thanks...

1/ Will CF8 have equal or better integration with .NET compared to
Bluedragon.Net?

2/ My main reason for consider Bluedragon.NET over CFMX is not due to Flash
Remoting but rather to my main concern of .NET touted as being far superior in
handling significant loads and simultaneous requests than CFMX... the reason
being that if my Flash Remoting app becomes very popular with several thousand
people using at the same time it sounds like BD.NET with its integration with
.NET framework will be far more robust and able to handle the loads.

Ignoring costs for the time being, I personally don't care which application
server I use, I just wan't to know that my app is using the most robust tools
and that it  won't slow down or crash under very heavy load. I do not want to
start a CF vs ASP.NET war, but my concern for using CFMX was sparked by another
thread on this forum where Tim Uzzanti who is an experienced employee of a
large webhost who wrote..

---------------------------
Tim Uzzanti:
(http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/thread.cfm/threadid:37076#187251)
"If you believe CF can handle the same traffic loads that .NET can handle, then
you are completely confused on the technologies and their infrastructure. I
have no idea if 75% of fortune 100% companies use CF, I would love to see some
documentation for that, but the Fortune 100 companies ARE NOT the Top 100 sites
on the Internet either!

Asking someone who maintains and manages 10,000 hosted applications on Cold
Fusion and someone who manages thousands of .NET applications would probably
give you a pretty good opinion of what they see? Is it in my BEST interest to
tell a customer not to use CF, or is it in my best interest to suggest what
might be the best technologies from my experiences on their requirements?

Someone mentioned ediet.com which has a traffic ranking of around 280,000 and
in comparison CrystalTech is around 23,000. Microsoft.com which is in the top
10 is using ASP.NET and Dell.COM which is in the top 100 is also using ASP.NET

Regarding the back end of Cold Fusion: CFMX is much better than CF5 but still
has many limitations and quirks that we have see and deal with every day. I am
not saying that CF doesn’t have the ability to grow with larger sites because
it has features like the ability to cluster machines and the classes are
compiled etc. What I am saying is, if you would like to build an application
that can last longer on certain hardware or run more optimally, CF is not the
way to go! Cold Fusion MX
out of the box has a setting to support no more than 10 simultaneous requests
at one time.
Macromedia suggestions that you never exceed 40 and this isn’t optimal for a
large scale sites. There are other settings and issues from a server
administration standpoint that hinder CFMX from out performing .NET

There are other factors that one needs to think about when writing an
application. Think about the ability to use Threads in .NET. Depending on your
application, sitting and processing 10 requests back to back may take 5 minutes
but if you had the ability to run the 10 tasks concurrently you may be able to
respond back to the customer in 30 seconds. You have to realize, .NET isn’t
just a web based language, it is a Development language for desktop and server
applications as well."

Therefore if CF8 has the same or better integration with .NET as BD.NET then
maybe worthwhile to wait till CF8 is released?

any opinions...