What a load of rubbish...

Loads are based on how you design your application, make sure you run plenty
of load tests and the killer is make sure you have the infastructure first.
If your infastructure is wrong or not enough, then the application will fail
under load it is as simple as that.

As for .Net being supperior, yeah right there is no one language that is
superior in load balancing. But if you are going down this route then its CF
Enterprise, CF Standard can be used but it will be limited and maybe thats
where the article is comming from.

CF8, will have intergartion as far as being able to leverage of objects. So
you can write packages in .Net and you can use them in CF8. Where BD excels
some more is that you can intergrate asp and cf in the same page. But that
might change, CF8 thanks to Sean Corfield can also leverage of PHP and Ruby
in the same coldfusion page.

Now the thing that is also forgotten, is that java is an enterprise solution
and is in my opinion more of an enterprise solution that .Net is. And
Coldfusion has the ability via the Application server to run both, with the
release of CF8 will give us the ability to full jBoss support.

I think you are asking the right questions, and at least willing to listen
to responses. So having said that, I doubt you are going to have any
problems with CF Enterprise, with the right infastructure and have done your
load tests.

Also read up on CF8, some of the best features are threads with cfthread.
Ever since CF was rewritten in Java it has been more thread based, but it
did lack the ability to instantiate a thread until cf8. Although gateway
integration was a good way of getting around this.

So my reccomendtion regardless software.

1) make sure it is an enterprise solution
2) What tools do you see yourself using, do you see more .Net or Java as
integrate solutions.
3) Do you have the bandwidht to support these users.
4) Do you have the hardware to support these users
5) Load test, load test, load test
6) refactor any code that fails a load test.
7) deploy
8) Increase hardware infastructure when loads get higher.