It's a developers' market in Sydney right now.   All the recruiters i
speak to tell me they desperately need CF developers.  They'll pay top
dollar right now too.  I reckon the hourly rate for contractors has
gone up about $10/hour over what it was a year ago.

I have a contract at the moment, although I'm slacking off in the ICU
at WIndsor Hospital with cardiac problems,  but in the last 4 weeks I
would have had maybe 8 calls from recruiters looking for CF developers
specifically, and not flinching at all when I tell them that i'm busy
and can't look at their opportunity this time, but in any case they'll
need to up their offer to get someone good.

In fact my mobile rang this morning while a nurse was taking my blood
pressure and sticking a needle in my belly, with yet another recruiter
looking for a CF contractor in the Sydney CBD.  He was prepared to pay
about $50/hour so it's a good job.   I reckon he'll go higher too.

So the answer is like anything else - you gotta put in the legwork.
you have to go find people who have jobs to fill.   One way is to
travel all the job web sites,  get yourself on the mailing lists like
cfjobs,   call the recruiters till your voice is hoarse.

But as someone in this thread said earlier - you dont need 2335 jobs,
you only need 1.  It doesnt matter how many jobs there are, as long as
you get one of them.

 Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month