Thanks.  I'll post a demo site tonight.  Stay tuned.

I read somewhere on the internet about compressing the Javascript
libraries.  What do you think of that?

On Dec 2, 2007, at 1:02 PM, Michael Dinowitz wrote:

Any time. These are the files I used last when working with
cflayout=border.
Most of them are probably needed for any of the more advanced
ColdFusion/Ajax operations:
   C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\CFIDE\thinscripts8\ajax\ext\ext-core.js
   C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\CFIDE\thinscripts8\ajax\ext\adapter\yui\ext-
yui-adapter.js
   C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\CFIDE\thinscripts8\ajax\ext\package
\splitbar.js
   C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\CFIDE\thinscripts8\ajax\ext\package\util.js

C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\CFIDE\thinscripts8\ajax\ext\package\layout
\layout.js
   C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\CFIDE\thinscripts8\ajax\messages\cfmessage.js
   C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\CFIDE\thinscripts8\ajax\package\cfajax.js
   C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\CFIDE\thinscripts8\ajax\yui\yahoo-dom-event
\yahoo-
dom-event.js

Of those, I think only layout.js and splitbar.js are required by
cflayout.
It will take some examination of the css/js files and debug output
(firebug
and web-developer toolbar work wonders here) to know what needs to be
included and not. It's a pain but worth it in the end.