I don't remember seeing that.  Not every company has a proper SDLC.  We
don't, much to my chagrin.  I would love to have consistent user testing,
but as a smaller company, we don't have the resources to do so.  Heck...I
have a project awaiting testing that has been sitting there for the past 3
weeks.

What we have set up is I develop locally...then commit to a development
branch and update the dev server so I can test in a production environment.
Once that is good, I merge the files to the test branch (from the
development branch) and update the test server so (ideally), we get some
UAT.  Once that is ok'd, I then merge it to the trunk and update production.

That sounds like a similar process to what other describe and it is similar
to a process that was posted here in this thread (difference is they used
release branches...which are unnecessary for my purposes as we are
maintaining a single web site)

Multiple benches could be used for your example and then you merge the
changes (even going as far as using svn diff with the branch you are merging
to, to cherry pick changes.  Then you are only deploying the changes you
need.

Eric