I don't think that is a logical argument.  If I was hired into a new
position and didn't know anything about svn or cvs or anything like that and
I see all these .svn files...I would ask.  Confusion solved.  When we go
into new positions, there is always going to be something new we have to
learn whether that is a versioning system, coding styles, or whatever.

Eric