One thing I would watch out for is concept overload. I think the single most
difficult thing for me was sifting the VAST amounts of information. One of
the problems I ran into was finding tutes and examples that did *one thing
only* and not mixing concepts like using MachII and ColdSpring together. So
when you look at the code examples you can't figure out which parts were
MachII and which were ColdSpring.

I would recomend taking things one step at a time instead of trying to
abstract your database while trying to work it into a Framework. I ended up
thinking myself stupid and just got frustrated. Pick a single task/Concept
and figure it out and then move on to another.

HTH

--
Gerald Guido
http://www.myinternetisbroken.com

"Neurotics build castles in the air, psychotics live in them. My mother
cleans them."
-- Rita Rudner