From: Andrew Clarke [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 9 December 2008 2:33 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: ColdFusion & IIS on different servers

I have a client who insists on separating the web server from the
application server, putting them on different physical servers.  This is
because they say it's more secure as the app server has no access to/from
the internet.  Their current servers are set up this way but I can't figure
out how they have iIS and ColdFusion set up with IIS on one server and
ColdFusion on the other.

Are there any actual security advantages to doing this?  I'm not sure if
they are just following general "best practices" that aren't applicable in
this instance or if they know something about ColdFusion security that I
don't know.

Also, I can't find any information on how to install IIS on one computer but
have ColdFusion on another.  If anybody can quickly explain that to me or
point me to an article on how to do that I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
- Andrew.