Dominic,

I've read your posts and am very impressed and yes, technically the current
architecture of the various open source cfml engines are probably most
desirable - I'm not exactly in a position to draw a conclusion but just a sort
of guess, here what I was talking off my head was, from business perspective I
want to get this thing done or converted quickly.  One option is, hop around
for a very desirable technical solution or get it done quickly still as a good
solution but more focus on the feature and/or design, and besides, I don't have
the luxury as some big company.
btw, I need to distribute my app and run locally.

> I disagree and don't believe that the open source cfml languages need
> to offer wrappers for javascript libraries. Trying to keep up, and
> offer wrappers for these libraries only limits the programmer - the
> scattered js offerings of CF8 compared to the scope and depth of
> what's on offer from the js community is a testament to that.
>
> I feel that os frameworks wrapping other os frameworks is counter
> intuitive. Side by side they are free to grow and to do their job
> brilliantly.
>
> Dominic
>

> 2009/6/22 Don L <do...@yahoo.com>:
> >  Or, put it this way, I think the need for a "freebie cfml engine" +
> cool latest ajax functions are of substantial value, but probably the
> way it is now, is "freebie cfml engines" like BD, may not have native
> ajax functions like what cf8
has