> The recent thread of discussion on CF vs PHP/ASP is pretty
> old hat by now. I thought I might throw in something that
> hasn't been mentioned yet. Does anyone have any opinion how
> CF 4.5 will compete with ASP.NET (previously called ASP+)
> when MS releases it next year? Will CF's next major version
> be comparable and will it be capable of integrating with MS's
> .NET services?

It's hard to compare an existing product with one that doesn't exist yet. I
suspect that .NET won't be all that different from how MS guys use ASP and
COM now, anyway.

In any case, by the time that .NET is a real product, CF 5 will probably be
a real product too.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496