> Why is it..
>
> Everyone insists on considering ASP.NET etc vapor ware...?
> You can download pretty functional beta's of the software.

Based on my previous experience with Microsoft betas, there are likely to be
very significant changes between now and the final release.

In any case, I think that the interesting part of the .NET platform isn't
really the ASP portion, which probably won't be all that different from
using ASP and MTS/COM+ is now. The big thing of interest, to me, is the
common-language runtime.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496