Phil-
Your FTP folder should be below your web root - I believe anything in the
web path will be served via the browser. I don't think you can turn off
processing for a directory in the web path. If you are using the content of
the FTP as web content, you can use an upload function through ColdFusion
instead and allow only certain file types and extensions.

/S