> I'm allowing people to FTP-upload into one of my web server directories, but
> I don't want them to be able to upload and run cfm (or asp, etc) scripts.
>
> I right-clicked on the directory in IIS and changed "execute permissions" to
> "none," but it seems the cfm files in that directory are still running.

You would have to set read but not execute in Windows Explorer or
CACLS/XCACLS/whatever the new version of CACLS is.

But the real answer is, as Ian indicated, don't let people upload
files into a web directory. Even if you could disable them from
running through CF, a user could upload a plain old HTML file with
malicious JavaScript in it, and another user could conceivably run
that.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/