On 1/20/2010 1:57 PM, Mark Mandel wrote:
> First of all - having memory tracking enabled in your production server is
> going to make it crawwwwwl ;o)

Well, this is an Intranet web server that has a minimal load probably
measured in a dozen or two simultaneous requests at most.  So while the
monitor is definatly a load, I beleive the server has plenty of capacity
to spare in its normal state.

> I would start with thread dumps. You can do this through the monitor (there
> is a snapshot feature that I believe does this), although setting up a cron
> job or similar to fire the Java commands neccessary to get it to happen on
> interval wouldn't be bad.
>
> May just be easier to do it when the CPU spikes - I leave it up to you, but
> grab a few at least.
>
> Then use a tool like Thread Dump Analyzer - so you can see what ColdFusion
> is actually doing under the hood.
>
> Once you can see what is actually going on - you should be able to see what
> is causing the problem.
>
> Mark

Thanks, I just read and printed the TechNote on how to dump the
threads.  That is probably the first thing I will get to do tomorrow,
today is about done and the Governor has forbidden overtime.

Any other resources to how I am going to read these thread dumps once I
am looking at them?