On 1/21/2010 11:00 AM, Ian Skinner wrote:
> So if I am understanding your comment and the documentation I just need
> to add this argument to the VM Arguments line in the jvm.config file in
> our E:\JRun4\bin folder.

Well, I tried to add the JConsole hook to the JVM and I got the
following error.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/management/jmxremote/port=13013

I presume that is telling me that this class is not available in the
JRun flavor of Java that we are running.

What are my options here?  Is there an easier way to get to this thread
information?  If not I presume I need to download and install a Sun Java
SDK to get access to the require class.  Does the ColdFusion instance
need to be running on the Sun SDK, or just the SDK just need to be on
the box?

I'm am finding it very frustrating to try and get some information about
what is suddenly causing this server to spin the CPU so hard.

P.S.
I may not have communicated yet, that I tried the information found in
TechNote 18339 Debugging Thread Dumps and Server Problems in ColdFusion
MX 6.1 and 7.0. http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/183/tn_18339.html.
Unfortunatly, when we followed the instructions to configure the Windows
service to "Allow service to interact with Desktop", we saw that this
only exists if the service runs as a LocalSystem user.  We don't run our
ColdFusion instance as a LocalSystem user, we have it configured to run
under a domain account we have created so that our ColdFusion code and
access other network resources outside the local system.