On 1/20/2010 3:15 PM, Dominic Watson wrote:
> Something else to look at is jConsole. It comes with the Java SDK and will
> let you look at any java app's memory, thread and cpu usage in detail
> (you'll need to change jrun's JVM args to have it report those stats).

So if I am understanding your comment and the documentation I just need
to add this argument to the VM Arguments line in the jvm.config file in
our E:\JRun4\bin folder.

Are there in considerations to this because we are running ColdFusion in
a multi-home configuration?  Is putting this argument in that one
configuration file going to effect all the JRun instances?  Once each
one is restarted of course.  We are using a default multi-home
configuration, we have taken no steps to have different ColdFusion|JRun
instances using separate configuration files of which I am aware.

For reference here is the arguments from out development server which
should be the same on our production server
# Arguments to VM
java.args=-server -Xmx512m -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false
-XX:MaxPermSize=192m
-XX:+UseParallelGC -Dcoldfusion.rootDir={application.home}/

Are there any concerns or performance problems having this argument
configured on a production server?