On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Dave Watts <dwa...@figleaf.com> wrote:

>> And as I ALSO said - in not so many words - Who is to say that "community
>> momentum" wasn't/isn't part of the marketing? The smaller your
>> product/service - the more you rely on "free" marketing techniques.
>
> Adobe does a pretty good job with supporting community-driven
> marketing. I don't know how many people here run into this, but Adobe
> sponsors conferences, user groups, and all kinds of learning events.

Well, yes and no. Adobe did have a decent user group system but then
they consolidated them and it all changed. We had a Portland CF
Usergroup but then it got changed by Adobe to a PDX RIA group and most
all of the content and discussion is around Flash and Flex. Having a
Flash and Flex group is fine but CF has really been pushed to the
background. I'm sure that if I made a hard push, I could get more CF
stuff in the meetings, present myself, etc. But for a random CF
developer, there isn't nearly as much user group support as there once
was. Not a good change.

Judah