We are fortunate enough to operate in an environment where we are alotted ample
hardware resources, so we can operate separate physical servers if that's the
recommendation. The point about development failures affecting our test
environment is well-taken. To date, we've not needed to run load testing on our
sites; our sites don't typically experience heavy traffic. Moving forward, we
are open to doing things differently or implementing virtualization if the
flexibility it allows outweighs the issue raised by Dave.