Hi,

I am completely new to this (eclipse and GIT - actually just trying to switch
from homesite :-) so project etc are a new phenomenon to me.), in fact i am
pretty new to source control in general i looked into using some (SVN) about 6
years ago but never actually got round to doing anything.

I have been recommended by a few people that if i am starting from scratch then
it would be a good idea to try and get my head around GIT as opposed to using
SVN. Plus my research seems to point towards GIT being the Future.

I have a general understanding of SVN in that a central repository is stored on
a server somewhere, and everyone takes their code from there, but GIT is made
up of lots of separate repositories 9not sure how they all link together)

The more i think about this the more i don't understand how its is all meant to
work. I have EGIT installed and have kinda gotten the hang of committing,
adding to version control & resource history on a local project stored on my
machine.

However i have my live sites on a remote server hosted (at Alurium) how should
i go about getting the sites onto my local machine and using GIT? then syncing?

Im at a complete loss

Cheers in advance

Ben