From: Andrew Scott [mailto:andr...@andyscott.id.au]
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 3:41 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: RE: How are other developers handling big SVN repositories?

Wow you have lost me.

First let's look at a great Client UI first, SmartGit looks awesome have
been using the SamrtSVN version for awhile but I prefer it inside my IDE
first and foremost.

A lot of things you mention below I am not sure if you are referring to SVN
or GIT, you can certainly hide code in SVN now by just ignoring it. Might
have to look a bit closer how GIT does this.

Are you saying that GIT can't check out a part of a project, by revision? I
know you can in SVN so you must be talking about GIT here.

>From what I read about GIT and Subversion 1.6 they are almost identical when
it comes to merging and patching code, not having used GIT at this point I
may have to look a bit harder at the differences.

But SVN is as powerful or not depending on if you utilise that power, and by
the sounds of it GIT is no different in that area as well.

If I have misread what you are trying to say, you didn't make it easy which
parts you are talking about for which application although I see a could
majority of it can be used in SVN.