Windows 2008 Server comes with IIS 7.  Microsoft changed the game with
IIS between versions 6 and 7.  ColdFusion 8 was released well before IIS
7 was around.  I have run into this same problem, my friend, and I can
tell you right now, it's not necessarily an easy one to be dealing with.

IIS is reporting that it doesn't have a handler for the file.  Basically
what this means is that any type of file that needs to be run through
the CF processor (.cfm, .cfc, .cfml, .cfr, .cfswf, .jsp, .jws .. I
*THINK* that's all of them, someone correct me if I am wrong), IIS
doesn't know how to process it.  Under your server configuration, there
is a menu section called "Handler Mappings" that allows you to enter
these in manually.  In order to get my server working, I had to create
new handlers for each of these types, as well as for *, to point to
[INSTALLATION ROOT]\runtime\lib\wsconfig\1\jrun_iis6.dll (with the
exception of the * handler, which goes to jrun_iis6_wildcard.dll in the
same directory)...

Now, here is the next part.  I was running a 32 bit version of
ColdFusion, and 64 bit version of Windows, which meant that IIS was
running in 64 bit mode.  If this is the case for you as well, you'll
need to set IIS to run in 32 bit mode.  You can do a Google search on
how to do this, it's one line at a command prompt, but off the top of my
head I don't know the exact reference.

Once you have done these things, you should be able to restart your
server and with any luck it should be working correctly.

Hope that this helps... if there's other questions that come up, feel
free to hit me back here or off-list.

Cheers,
Steve



-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Steele [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2010 4:13 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Coldfusion 8 installation problem on Windows Server 2008


We are trying to install Coldfusion 8 on a Windows Server 2008 machine
and are not having luck in getting the webserver to work.

http://localhost/cfide/administrator/index.cfm produces the followin
error.


The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension
configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file
should be downloaded, add a MIME map.

Any ideas as to what we should do? 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Order the Adobe Coldfusion Anthology now!
http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Coldfusion-Anthology-Michael-Dinowitz/dp/1430272155/?tag=houseoffusion
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/message.cfm/messageid:334482
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/unsubscribe.cfm

Reply via email to